Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Jesus- our "star pitcher"

Confidence: firm belief or trust

This morning at breakfast we were reading from book called Created for Work.  The chapter was called "Confidence".  In this chapter the author told about his experience playing baseball as a kid.  Most of the time he had a hard time hitting the ball, but one day, when they were playing against on of the best teams, he hit every ball like a pro!  His coach asked, "What's happened to you?"  Why, when they were up against the best, could he hit every ball?  Confidence!  He realized that when their star pitcher threw the ball, he wasn't afraid the ball was going to hit him.  The pitcher was so good, that the ball always came straight across the plate.  With every other team they played against, he feared getting hit by the ball, and therefore couldn't focus on batting.  Because of the confidence he had in the star pitcher, he was able to performed at his best!

What do we put our confidence in?  Often times, as a mother, I will put my confidence in myself, thinking that if I do enough things right my children will grow up to serve the Lord.  But it isn't long before I loose confidence in myself!  I get angry, lazy, tired, and fail to be a good example to my children.  Then I get discouraged and think, "If only I could do more things right!".  But even if I did everything perfectly, I don't have the power or ability to make that decision for my children.  Only God can change their heart!  My confidence must be in Him!  When it is, I am free from fear and can perform at my best! :)

"All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God." 
Anonymous


"For the Lord shall be thy confidence and shall keep they foot from being taken." 
 (Proverbs 3:26)

No comments:

Followers