Thursday, August 18, 2011

Is Anyone Speaking Evil About You?

"If I were fruitless, it mattered not who commended me, but if I were fruitful, I cared not who condemned."
John Bunyan

Critics are like toothaches, most of us have had one or two in our life.  They can help us to see our blind spots in life, which can be a real blessing, but if we are not careful, they can be used by the enemy to breed self-pity, hopelessness and an ungodly sorrow.  True conviction from the Lord will bring godly sorrow, which leads to repentance, but worldly sorrow brings death. 
  
We think to ourselves, "This is terrible, here I call myself a Christian and there are people who don't like me!  I am such a bad testimony!  EVERYONE should think I am wonderful...how else will I draw people to the Lord?  Boy, I have really let the Lord down, and the Christian community!  I should just stop professing Christ so I don't cause people to stumble!"  Hold on a minute!!  Jesus said, "Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."  The key word here is FALSELY!  If the mean things people say about you are FALSE, then you are blessed!

When someone criticizes us, we need to ask the Lord to show us the truth in it, and then deal with making things right...like asking for forgiveness.  If there is no truth in it, then we should not hang on to guilt or condemnation!  Let it go!  If you have a clear conscience and there is nothing between you and the Savior, rejoice!
 
Something to think about...If you think you are following the Lord with your whole heart, and nobody is speaking any evil against you, falsely, then you may want to check your walk!  The righteousness and holiness of the Lord IS offensive to the devil and his children!  Jesus was constantly offending the ungodly, yet He lived a SINLESS life....HELLO!  If we would really meditate on that fact, we would not be so heartbroken when people speak bad about us for doing what is RIGHT!  Jesus was perfect and they hated Him!!!

Do not let the condemnation that brings death distract you from the work the Lord has for you!  Keep doing what He has shown you to do and don't second guess yourself!  You are blessed!  Rejoice! :)

No comments:

Followers