Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Have you found your life?

Many times, when you talk to the lost about the Lord, they are not interested in committing their life to Him because in their mind it means giving up everything they love.  But for those of us who have joined the Lord's Army, we know that commitment to Him brings about total freedom, joy, peace, and a love for what it right and good.  There is no remorse for what was left behind because through new eyes we see it as the pig pen of life.  The Truth has set us free, and the total fulfillment of our spiritual life has made us completely satisfied and content, beyond what words can describe.  If only the lost could know His freedom.

The evening before my planned abortion in 1992, I sat in my room reading a tract.  It was filled with scriptures telling how God feels about abortion.  I read:
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. Matthew 10:39
All I had cared about was MY life and MY future.  God's way seemed like bondage.  I would have to give up everything I loved.  Yet when I read that tract, I knew that all that I was really longing for in my life was found in Christ. The verse above and many others brought me to my knees in repentance.  On that evening in March, almost 20 years ago, Jesus forgave me of my sins and set me free.  I didn't know the life I was living was bondage until I let it go.  Sin feels like freedom until you know the freedom found in Jesus Christ!  "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23  Only when we surrender to Him, do we "find" our life and become totally free! 

If you do not know His freedom, get on your knees and confess your sins to Him.  Then confess Him as your Lord and Savior and believe that God raised Jesus from the dead.  After believing in your heart and confessing with your mouth, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9-10)  Now follow Him, and you will  end all your searching...you will have found your life!!

No comments:

Followers