Monday, June 13, 2011

The Influence of a Woman

"Woman was the finishing grace of the creation.  Woman was the completeness of man's bliss in Paradise.  Woman was the cause of sin and death to our world.  The world was redeemed by the Seed of the woman.  Woman is the mother of the human race.  She is either our companion, counselor, and comforter in the pilgrimage of life; or she is our tempter, scourge, and destroyer.  Our sweetest cup of earthly happiness or our bitterest draught of sorrow is mixed and administered by her hand.  She not only renders smooth or rough our path to the grave, but helps or hinders our progress to immortality.  In heaven we shall bless God for her aid in assisting us to reach that blissful state; or amidst the torments of unutterable woe in another region, we shall deplore the fatality of her influence..."
John Angell James

2 comments:

KL said...

Hi Mindy!

My name is Kelsey Leaghi, and I just wanted to say how much I love your blog and your vision. I was so blessed searching through your blog. I actually am from Litchfield (my mom owns Cricket Meadow Tea), and I now live in California with my husband. We have been seeking the Lord in our consideration of moving to Minnesota in the next few years. I found your site because I was on the CSA website, purchasing my box to pick up for tomorrow. I got curious, as to what kinds of organic farmers were in my old neck of the woods, in case we move back, and voila! You guys! How wonderful! Would love to meet you someday. Do you guys offer raw milk? Or do you have a good source? I love that you had the No Greater Joy site linked on your blog. We love that ministry (as well as the Bulk Herb Store!!) Thank you for the wonderful site you have here!


Much joy and love in Christ,
Kelsey

Mindy said...

Kelsey,
I was so blessed and encouraged by your comment! Em and I love to hang out at Cricket Meadow! :) It's our favorite place to have a cup of tea!
Yes, we do sell raw (goat) milk. If you come home for a visit this summer, you will have to stop by. :) We are open every Friday 12-4 through October.
Bless you!
Mindy

Followers