Saturday, October 20, 2012

Aware of His Goodness

This afternoon customers arrived at our farm to pick up the chickens we butchered for them this morning.  One couple that came today, started coming out a few years ago.  We see them twice a year - once for chicken pick up and once for turkey pick up.  We always look forward to our visits with them.  But today was even more enjoyable for me! 

When they arrived, there weren't any other customers waiting, so there was no reason to rush.  We had a great time with them laughing and visiting as we bagged, weighed and loaded up all their chicken. (They had over 40 of them!)  As our time together was drawing to a close, a thought popped into my mind, "Ask them if they know where they will spend eternity."   I glanced at the tracts sitting on our counter, ignoring the prompting.  We talked a little more.  The thought came again, "Ask them if they know where they will spend eternity."   More thoughts came.... "They won't be interested in the things of God....but what if they were?  What if they have been talking about Him?  What if the Lord has been wooing them?  What if he wants me to be an encouragement by confirming what He is doing in their life?"  Suddenly we were thanking them for their business and saying goodbye.  Out the door they went.  "No!," I reasoned, "I have to ask them!"  So I grabbed a tract and rushed out the door. 
When I got to their car, the wife was standing facing me.  I said, "Do you know where you will spend eternity?", as I handed her the tract.  Then her husband looked at me and said very sincerely, "You are my sister, aren't you?"  And he gave me a big hug.  Then he went on to tell me that just this summer, someone witnessed to him at the State Fair, and he got saved.  He is now going to a good church and taking an evangelist course.  My eyes filled with tears.  When he got saved, his wife was in another country, visiting relatives.  He said he has been sharing with her and trying to help her understand what happened to him.  On the way out to our farm he was telling her that we were a Christian family and that we knew the Lord too.  Growing up Catholic, they had learned religion, but had never found the Savior.  I asked her to read the tract and told her that I would be praying for her.

I was blessed beyond measure by this incident in my day.  Our God is such an awesome God!  He is alive and working in the hearts of men!  He uses different events and people to help us to understand His love for us.  He wants this woman to know just how much He loves her!  And He will orchestrate all kinds of situations to show His mercy and grace to her because it is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance. 
Praising Him! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mindy,

Yes, the Lord works in miraculous ways! I praise God for bringing
us together today!

I want to tell you the great joy I felt today when I saw you give
that tract to my wife. I knew at that moment that the Lord was
working his wondrous ways through you to get her closer to him
and except him as her savior.I was elated, and yes, the tears
flowed later.I glorify and thank the Lord for giving you the ability
to help spread the word of the gospel to her.
I thank you for your testimony and wish to give you mine next
time I see you.

It was such a pleasure to see you and your family again!:)

Grace and Peace

John

Brenda Martin Rydberg said...

What a joy you are, Mindy. I love this story. John's wife is consistently in my prayers.(Yes, I use he rname in my prayers.)

Brenda Martin Rydberg said...

What a joy you are, Mindy. I love this story. John's wife is consistently in my prayers.(Yes, I use he rname in my prayers.)

Followers