Friday, April 29, 2011

Experiencing God's Love

I have been dwelling on the love of God lately.  It is the most powerful thing on earth!  It's what brought me to salvation and what keeps me pressing on.
Our family has gone through some challenging times recently, and the body of Christ has wrapped its arms around us and loved us in a way that is hard to describe.  At a time when we expected people to look down their noses at us or criticize us, we found men and women weeping with us.  They called, sent letters...and more letters. 
I will never forget the day when the men of our church gathered around our family.  They laid their hands on us, while on their knees, and cried out to God for us.  Have you ever had men pray for you like that?  Our family has never felt so loved!!!  I still cry whenever I think about it!  At a time when we were so hurt and so vulnerable, God's love expressed through our brothers and sisters in Christ prevented us from becoming bitter, encouraged us, and has helped us to keep the faith.
In this video, this unbeliever experienced the love of God.  See how it changed his life!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gccio1vE41M

No comments:

Followers